1. In chain surveying, perpendiculars to the chain line are set out by
[A] a theodolite
[B] a prismatic compass
[C] a clinometer
[D] an optical square
2. What is the angle between two plane mirrors of an optical square?
3. The magnitude of the sag correction during measurement of length by chaining is proportional to the
[B] Cube root of the weight of the chain, in kg per m run
[C] Square of the weight of the chain, in kg per m run
[D] Square root of the weight of the chain, in kg per m run
4. Consider the following statements:
1. Triangulation is another system of increasing the ground control points
2. Triangulation is used for filling in the minute details of an area
3. Triangulation system of quadrilaterals is most suitable for railways.
Which of the above statements is correct?
[A] 1 only
[B] 3 only
[C] 2 only
[D] 3 and 1only
5. EDM stands for
[B] Electronic Device Measurement
[C] Electromagnetic Device Measurement
[D] Electronic Digital Measurement